Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Birthday and mortality

9th of November 2011, yep, it's my birthday today. Everyone who's very close to me has relayed their well wishes. How do I feel? I am happy. I truly am. However, when you hit the big four oh you start to think about your mortality. You see, 2 days before Eid Mubarak my next door neighbour passed away. She had her gallstones removed. However, the gallstones turned septic. After battling the infection for three weeks, she passed away peacefully. I was deeply affected by this. We were quite close. In fact, if we had more time, I think we could be the best of friends  . She was only 36. So today, I am feeling a mixture of happiness and anxiety. What if my days are numbered? What will happen to the ones I am going to leave behind? Will they be okay without me? I am never going to know the answers for those questions because I am not God. Thus today, on my birthday I am taking this opportunity to pray that God Almighty will give me the chance to grow old and grey beside my husband, to be able to hold my grandchildren someday and the most important thing is to be there for my beloved, children, mother, siblings and all who matters to me. Amin. Happy birthday Yati!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
yeats'musings - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore