Thursday, April 7, 2011

Health is not valued till sickness comes!

One of my greatest fear when it concerns my children is if they fall sick. That is why everyday without fail, I would pray for their health and well being. This fear is so great that sometimes, it consumes me.This in turn leaves me feeling anxious, worried and helpless. Last Saturday, the thing that I dreaded the most came without warning. My youngest son Wafi, was down with fever.His temperature did not drop, much to our concern. The fever raged on for a few days.. My husband and I took him to see 2 general practitioners, brought him to the Emergency Counter at Kulim Hospital. Still, his temperature did not go down. Our dining table was laden with all sorts of medicine. The antibiotics (2 types, taken at different times) caused him to suffer from diarrhoea. It was disheartening to see such a small body coping with such terrible ordeal. On Thursday, we decided to take him to Pantai Hospital SP. Of course, he was immediately warded. He was treated with IV fluid and a few prescribed medicine. It took him '2 night stay' to get better. However, the fever took some of his weight. He looked so fragile that Thursday that my heart just bled for him. Alhamdulillah, my husband who is my rock, kept me strong. My older children Hazim and Nina, were also there to give support to each other. Wafi was also a wonderful patient. he did what he was told, took his medicine bravely and never once he cried out loud for the pain he was experiencing. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that it's not money, fame or expensive shoes and handbags (I had to include this too!) that would make me happy. It's having healthy and happy family. Thank you Allah for giving me a blessed life and for answering my prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
yeats'musings - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore