Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My many hats

My life is so compartmentalized that sometimes it's hard for me to switch roles. I am foremost, a wife then  a mother, a lecturer, a daughter, a sister and a friend. During office hours, I have to put on my lecturer's hat and perform my core business, teach. However, I am also bogged down by clerical work and  other responsibilities such as  Unit's treasurer, Portal committee member etc.

At home, I have to switch my role as a wife and a mother. Don't get me wrong! I am not complaining! But, yesterday these many hats I have to put on really took a toll on me. I almost fell asleep while driving back home! Phew! Luckily, my children were in the car to keep me awake. I don't know what would I do if something happened to my children. I suppose what I'm trying to say here is that I need to take care of myself in order to take care of the people I love. Sometimes I feel so drained of energy that I have to literally drag myself to do all the house chores.

From now on, I have to get enough sleep, take supplements and just be happy (the last part is soo.. not a problem for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
yeats'musings - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore